Youth Conservation Crew Member
The main duties of a YCC Crew Member will be to work outdoors as a team member of a field work crew. The crew will be assigned a variety of tasks associated with conservation work being conducted on various properties in Mason & Smith Valleys, and on the East Walker River. The work will primarily be physical labor using small hand tools and may include the following:
- Planting and care of native plants;
- Controlling weeds with hand tools;
- Constructing trails and pathways for public access;
- Installing and maintaining drip irrigation;
- Applying wildlife protectors to trees and shrubs;
- Streamflow monitoring; and
- Improving fencing for wildlife.
The Conservation Technician(s) will work with the Conservation Field Manager and the Land Manager and other staff to implement and monitor stewardship projects, and is expected to spend a significant amount of time in the field.