Storage Water Lease Auction
Notice inviting bids for a storage water lease agreement for Lyon County, Nevada.
Lease has been extended to the end of the irrigation season.*
Instructions: Walker Basin Conservancy (WBC) is making available approximately
3,000 acre-feet of storage water for lease during the 2018 irrigation season through a first come first
served bid (2,700 acre-feet from Bridgeport Reservoir and 300 acre-feet from Topaz Lake). WBC invites
current Walker River Irrigation District (WRID) patrons interested in leasing storage water to submit a bid
by mail or in person (in a sealed envelope) using the Bid Form (see below for details).
Bid Format: Qualified bidders will submit sealed bids stating the desired volume (in acre-feet) and the
set bid price ($35 per acre-foot) on the Bid Form. Bids will be accepted on a first come first served basis.
The acre-feet of storage water will be awarded to the first bidder to submit their bid, and then awarded
to the second bidder and so on, until allocated. This Storage Water Lease Auction will begin July 19, 2018
at 8:00 am and remain open until July 31, 2018 at 5:00 pm, subject to availability.
All bids will be opened at the WBC office in Yerington, NV. Winning bidders will be notified within one
• The total storage water quantity is available with 2,700 acre-feet from Bridgeport Reservoir and
300 acre-feet from Topaz Lake. All qualified bids are binding;
• Bids deposited in the drop box after the regular business hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, will be
deemed delivered as of 8:00 am the following business day;
• Bids received by mail will be deemed delivered as of 8:00 am the day of receipt;
• All uses of storage water are subject to WRID rules and regulations;
• Bidders must be current WRID patrons;
• Bids shall specify volume of storage water desired to be leased in 10 acre-feet increments;
• Bidders shall indicate whether they will accept a lower volume in the event their bid can only be
• Bids at the set price are awarded on a first come first served basis;
• Winning bidders will sign a lease agreement and the WRID transfer form for WBC’s approval and
• Price and volume of winning bids will be publicly available and will be posted at the WBC office
in Yerington, NV. All other information, including bidder names, will be kept confidential;
• Winning bidders must complete and sign all forms and provide a check for the entire amount
within five (5) days of winning a bid. Failure to do so will result in the bid going to the next
person in queue; and
• WBC reserves the right to alter, amend, or modify any provision of this solicitation, or to
withdraw this solicitation, at any time prior to the award of a lease at WBC’s sole determination.
Storage Lease Bid Form: Bid forms are available here, for pickup at the WBC office in Yerington, NV,
or by by contacting:
Walker Basin Conservancy
1 Hwy 95A East
Yerington, NV 89447
*Indicates a change has been made to the previously posted RFP.