The Yerington Conservation Crew (YCC) offers opportunity to become engaged in nature via outdoor efforts while simultaneously conducting work on needed conservation projects within the Walker Basin. Benefits of restoration work on the Walker River and within the Walker Basin are many!
- Job creation and pre-professional development
- Opportunity for networking and résumé building at an early age
- Education on topics from water management to wildlife habitat utilization to restoration planning and process
- Building self-esteem and character
- Outdoor recreation connection
- Benefitting and production of wildlife habitat
- Personal satisfaction
Through our collaborative, multi-benefit restoration and re-vegetation projects, WBC and partners are working hard to connect people to the Walker riparian ecosystems and proper management for the connected landscapes.